Join our team
At Genex, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We count on our Database Administrators/engineers to empower our users with a rich feature set, high availability, and stellar performance level to pursue their missions. As we expand our customer deployments, we are currently seeking an experienced DBA to deliver insights from massive scale data in real time. Specifically, we are searching for someone who brings fresh ideas, demonstrates a unique and informed viewpoint, and enjoys collaborating with a cross-functional team to develop real-world solutions and positive user experiences at every interaction.
About the Role
As MySQL Administrator, you are responsible for Data base Management administration, utilize scripting to implement DB related scripts/jobs. You are proficient to manage different roles and privileges available to be granted to the users.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Administration Tools of Database Server – MySQL workbench etc.,
- Design and deploy new database servers according to the client requirements
- Know-how of Net Architecture and experience in implementing advanced concepts like Clusters/different replication technologies.
- Identify performance bottlenecks arising out of network issues.
- Command on all versions mysql Servers. Good understanding of various patch level compatibilities with database releases
- Utilize scripting to implement DB related scripts/jobs. Design and implement security and auditing standards for large databases.
- Design and implement various backup and recovery strategies on heterogeneous environments. Recovery of database with no or minimal data loss
- Independently tune databases to extract best performance including memory, MySQL server level and object level
- Analyse the databases and rectify bottlenecks efficiently with a minimum downtime.
- Enterprise Management and High Availability Troubleshoot Replication Performance issues and Clustering Performance issues
- Manage HA and ensure that there is adequate IT capacity to meet required levels of service, ensure that senior IT management is correctly advised on how to match capacity is optimized
- Analysis of usage and performance data, and reporting on performance against targets contained in Service Level Agreements
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 1-4+ years of experience on MySQL Administration
- Expertise to support L1 and L2 Level activities.
- Knowledge on AWS or any other cloud technologies
- Proficient to pick up new areas and work on a Consultant Profile as well.
- Ability to guide a team of lesser experienced professionals